9.1.12

8.1.12 Sunday Meeting

This morning I woke up to my mother saying, "Avery, maybe you should get up..." When I asked what time it was and she answered 10 (the time robotics was starting this morning) I amazed both of us with my speed. In the lab we decided upon a final game strategy. Personally I am very happy with where the team ended up. While our decision is far from the strategy that I initially envisioned, that is far from what is important. What I believe is important is the fact that the team has, with some time and effort, unanimously agreed on a game strategy that is (once again, subjective here) simple enough for the team to successfully build a robot that could potentially dominate. We decided on a robot that will have the ability to rapidly gather (foam) basketballs from the ground and fire them to the other side of the field, as well as have some significant thought put into balancing on the appropriate alliance bridge in the middle of the field.

Tonight's "homework" was to consider and sketch some different ideas/designs for a gathering mechanism and a firing mechanism. I skimmed through a book on the 2006 FRC game which in some aspects was similar to this year's and settled on a firing mechanism that was discussed today in the meeting as well. I sketched that up very quickly, but spent most of my time brainstorming the strengths, weaknesses, and possibilities with a system like that. I also put a few ideas on paper all together in a detail-free semi-comprehensive sketch of a robot chassis with a gathering mechanism roughed out.

Monday school starts and after school we have a meeting from around 1 until 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment