10.1.12

10.1.12 Tuesday Meeting

Today we met from 3 to 6. As a whole, the team spent a good deal of time discussing design (even more), however I was not as involved in that as previously. I focused on Project ÜberTank with Sam Sedgwick. ÜberTank will be the operating name for the development of OmniTreads. We spent most of our time (apart from design discussions) CADing the preliminary design, under special orders of the team coordinator Mrs. Lindborg. We were able to complete a model of both a single tread link, and a working flexible chain of several links. This is a preliminary design and will be refined greatly, however a first pass in under 48 hours from concept to full CAD model is better time than I could have asked for. Due to my involvement in such a covert (sideline) mission, I am hoping to be issued a Solidworks capable computer to enable me to work on such things, as well as other (more central) team related CAD assignments from home. Unfortunately I was unable to prepare screenshots/renderings of the model. I hope to do that during our meeting Thursday (no meeting Wednesday), however I will be leaving early so I don't know whether I will have time. When I have them, I will show them here.

The design (as seen in a basic, incomplete sketch in yesterday's post) is as simple as could be managed while maintaining ease of fabrication and relatively low cost.

No meeting tomorrow, I will post Thursday night after my appointment (for which I am leaving early).

No comments:

Post a Comment