19.12.11

Gettin' Started Late

My name is Avery Hughes, and I am just now joining the Circuit Breakers, FRC Team 3189. In order to receive academic credit for my work on the Robotics Team I am required to keep an Engineer's Log recording my trails, tribulations, and learning from the FRC season; I have decided to keep this log solely as a blog. The team has been meeting since school began this year, however as I recently returned from a non-academic semester in Europe I was not able to be a part of the team until now. I competed in FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition) in 2010 with 3189 (the team's rookie year), and in 2011 with another rookie team at a school I attended that year in the Sacramento Area. It is rather late to join the team as the official "Build Period" begins January 7 with the unveiling of this years "game" (a competition in which a robot the team builds must participate) and rules. Despite the tardy nature of my arrival on the FRC scene this year, I feel I will be able to comfortably ease myself in with the team (many constituents of which I already know rather well) and throw in my two cents when it comes time to build a bot.

If you have read through this entire post, I will present to you a heartfelt apology for the current quality and strange aspects of my writing. As I mentioned previously, I have very recently (less than a week ago) returned from an extended stay in Europe and, while I do not have extensive skills in other languages, my English is still taking it's time returning to me and seems, in its own way, rather foreign.

No comments:

Post a Comment