29.12.11

28.12.11 Wednesday Meeting

I got a late-notice email notifying me that the team would be meeting on Wednesday, in the hopes that we would be able to finish our secondary (pre-season) drive train. While we were not able to complete the drive train, we did make a few team decisions, and a good bit of headway with the drive train. I am slowly easing into the team. Only a portion of the team knows me, and I haven't been a part of the team for nearly 2 years so it will take a little bit of time before I am part of the team. The little work I did do Wednesday was cleaning up a new lower end set of calipers. I disassembled the main "chassis" of the calipers and cleaned the rails and inner surfaces of the chassis in an attempt to make the calipers run more smoothly (originally they had the feel of grinding metal on metal when used). When reassembled there was definite improvement, however Mr. Reif (our head technical mentor) said he would do some more work on them at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment