11.2.12

10.2.12 Friday

Today was, for the most part, rather usual. Aron and I are working out some kinks in the drive-train, and I am transitioning over to full time integration. The best thing that happened (in my opinion) is that my new work station arrived! I now have a bleeding edge (albeit a couple generations old), extremely CAD-capable mobile HP workstation so that I can devote my life at home, at school, in the car, on the toilet... Every minute of my life I am now able to work on CAD. As soon as I get SWX installed (waiting for a code from a teammate), then I will be ready to rock.

I had a quick intellectual pow-wow with Mr. Reif on Project ÜberTank and, while I do not think it will be a part of this year's robot, I still plan on pursuing the project personally with the possibility of selling out, or developing the system specifically for FRC teams.

We also had a great end of meeting discussion about team commitment and power-build-mode which the team has yet to enable this year. In the morning we are going to have a PRE-BUILD pep-talk/rally instead of the usual POST finger-wagging in the hopes that we are able to get the adrenaline flowing properly and get everyone filing something all day like it is the last 2 days of build.

No comments:

Post a Comment